Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
INVITATION TO TRAVEL JOURNALIST WHO CAN PUBLISH:
Cedric Offline
Administrator

INVITATION TO TRAVEL JOURNALIST WHO CAN PUBLISH:
Following in the foot-steps of Unseen Tours, London’s Street Voices, we started training our “homeless” friends to provide this service in Johannesburg, Hillbrow and Alexandra.

Then, when the Alex group introduced their address as Brazil on 6th, and helped the Umhlungu to understand why, their shack accommodation was branded Favela on 6th St Alex.

“Why you smiling Cedric?” Adolf asks.
“I will bring tourists to sleep in this shack.”

They laughed, I smiled.

“You think it can work?”
“Yes, but I need to test it by bringing my conservative Afrikaner wife to sleep here for one night, if she is comfortable., if she says yes, then we will succeed.”

Nettie my wife has agreed, and as a travel journalist you are invited to join us, it is an opportunity to report on is the exciting development of Taste of Africa’s Unseen Tours and Favela/Alex overnight accommodation, plus assess my conservative Afrikaner wife’s reaction in an area that looks un-inviting to the eye.

As travel journalist, you are invited to join us on this first night, 11th February 2013, the Honey-Moon suit at ‘a Room with a View’ is yours, I will ask a neighbour to accommodate us.

Where will a journalist get an opportunity to cover an unusual tourism product that has never been tested?

This is the confidence the we have in our South African informal communities and the power that the concept of giving ownership and opportunity will bring these communities.

Cedric & Nettie de la Harpe

R.S.V.P.: Cedric to rt@unseen-tours.com
First, and most attractive commitment will be accepted, if you are unable to join us on the 11th Feb, we will arrange on for a Monday that suits you.

Homeless like in living in shelters, shacks and no money for rent.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-04-2013 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user