Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do we become Entrepreneurs? Part 2/3
Cedric Offline
Administrator

How do we become Entrepreneurs? Part 2/3
How do I, as an South African ‘Unemployed’ access the economy???
In this area we need extreme honesty in our approach.
We need to break all preconceive opinions, this is not only targeted at the white employer sector, but as importantly, our black unemployed sector should free their minds from preconceived opinions around this employment issue.

To my black brothers who will say, ‘stuff you’, I understand.
To my white brothers who do not believe that their views and judgement are formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge, I do not understand.

What is a living wage? or more importantly, what should I pay or receive?

In my many discussions around this topic, we get lost in aggressive debate, and never seem to get to the wage in relationship to the ‘add on value’ the potential employee brings, or the income generated by the employer, or what skills / experience / value the job seeker is offering in relationship to the job seekers competing for the same position.

And how do we relate this living wage to the money available?

I am of the opinion that we need to put ourselves in the position of an entrepreneur, assess the situation, and respond accordingly. This will be your first step towards becoming an entrepreneur.
As an entrepreneur you are faced with selling your product at a price that your market can handle, and in competition with the other entrepreneurs marketing the same product.
Our Informal Hawkers and Shebeen Owners are skilled in this concept, they understand what they can afford to charge to survive in the market place. The principle is that your product will sell at the price, then, you need to provide a service and develop a relationship with your customer, and the more customers you recruit to your outlet, the more profit you will make.
This principle is exactly how you should approach your provision of services, look at what the market can afford, and look at what opposition suppliers you are competing with.

In the domestic market for example, a Sandton or Houghton resident will be earning ten times the amount that the poor Westdene resident is earning, how will you pitch for the Gardening and Cleaning services in these two very differing economic sectors???

click to link directly to part 3:

http://economic-freedom-charter.co.za/sh...php?tid=60

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 10:39 AM by Cedric.)
11-03-2012 10:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user