Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Economic Freedom Charter, Preamble Part 2
Cedric Offline
Administrator

Economic Freedom Charter, Preamble Part 2
My wife an I have been involved in the Township and Rural Villages since 2004, as we have identified the impact of our historical control, abuse, and dehumanization of our black communities, we have addressed our many submissions and initiatives towards the white community, attempting to alert them to the need, for all us us to move towards the black communities to help rehabilitate the damage done to our people.

The responses I get from the white community is mainly;
“I am not guilty”.
“You will get more support if you did not play the ‘guilt card’.”
“My father work for, and paid for everything that we own.”
“They are lazy, they do not want to work, they want everything for nothing, we gave them everything...”

Today as we search for economic freedom and social cohesion in a country that is wracked by conflict, we approach the majoirty of the previously disadvantaged community to participate in the Economic Freedom Charter, opening the doors for all to communicate about our heritage and our future South African legacy.

As South Africans we need to take a moment to divorce ourselves of all the preconceived opinions, we need to extend our hands to each other, and refrain from pointing fingers unless essential.

I define the adjective ‘preconceived’ - and the noun ‘opinion’ - as follows:

preconceived: adjective (of an idea or opinion) formed before having the evidence for its truth or usefulness : the same set of facts can be tailored to fit any preconceived belief.

opinion: noun a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge :

I am aware of the often quoted opinion as follows:
“The whites stole everything from us.”

All these opinions have a certain amount of accuracy, accuracy to the level of fact or knowledge that you have given consideration to, and these facts, can all be tailored to fit any preconceived belief.

We need to divorce oursleves from all preconceived opinions, open our minds, get out of our comfort zone, so that we can find answers to our Economic Freedom, use this Charter as a tool to open discussions on the way forward, and once we have started discsuuions, we will find a country where social cohesion is real, and that will let us take the legacy that our fathers left us, all the good and bad, into a South African legacy, that we will be proud to leave to our children.

click to move directly to part 3:

http://economic-freedom-charter.co.za/sh...php?tid=57

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012 10:47 AM by Cedric.)
11-02-2012 11:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user