Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RDP HOUSING
Cedric Offline
Administrator

RDP HOUSING
RDP HOUSING:

Establishing a sustainable community through Economic Freedom:

We are of the opinion that any South African who qualifies for the provision of subsidized housing, should effectively be entitled to a guarantee for the monetary value and have full say for how that money is spent.
Any RDP housing that rural community individuals qualify for, should not be required to accept the RDP house, it spoils the magic and the culture and tradition of the rural community.

As part of this housing initiative my wife Nettie and I have built our home in Matyiani, using cow-dung, mud, grass, and mopani branches.

This method of Global Warming friendly, with no cement used.
We should be promoting this option in our communities, and transferring the cash to the person who qualifies for assistance.

Urban Housing Development:

We have large informal settlements around the country.
We must identify the numbers of people who qualify and are on a housing list.
We establish a building co-operative consisting of the, say the 200 qualifiers, plus a team of six, accountant, contractor, and four other skilled people.

This co-operative, together with the state participation, identify suitable land and the land is prepared, surveyed, and serviced. Electricity and Water, with the community assessing the option to use a “Dry Toilet” system to speed up the process.
When the stands are serviced, the money is allocated to the co-operative fund, who assists with the managements and distribution of the process.

The minimum of one room must be built on the serviced stand, this one room, can if the owner wishes, consist of a corrugated shack.
When the level of development wished by the owner has been achieved, the executive committee will release the the balance of the allocated budget to the owner / recipient.

This will give the recipient the option of spending the balance on education and starting a business.
This said, we would need to remove the restrictions of trading from a RDP house that presently exists.

You must be crazy???

The proposed policy immediately receives the following response from the elite groups:
“You must be crazy, these people will take the money, drink it and pee it against the wall!!!”

My response to this is; “If I was a black I would feel degraded, humiliated, you have not had a look at what has happened in all our Townships and Rural areas, how the black communities have invested their meagre income in the family homes. and their families education. There always will be a small percentage who will abuse the money given to them, but that same group will abuse an RDP house also.”

COMMENT:

An co-operative housing development like this will stop all the housing corruption, and leave a community with a share of Economic Freedom.
We need volunteers to assist in establishing the Executive Committee that will manage the co-operative.

Cedric de la Harpe

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 08:23 AM by Cedric.)
10-30-2012 08:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user