Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
During serious research I move my mind into my black persona and have a rude awakenin
Cedric Offline
Administrator

During serious research I move my mind into my black persona and have a rude awakenin
As I embark on the process of leading the ‘Revolution through Reconciliation’ I start the process by using my black persona, to ask my white persona, questions about our heritage.

WC: What question would you love me to answer honestly?

BC: Why did your grandfather steal everything from my grandfather?

As WC (White Cedric) I always attributed the process that took place from 1850 through to 1910 as the process of how Land Allocation took the land away from the back communities. I however need to answer BC, and he is not going to accept this without motivation, so I spend months researching from the 1850s, the Anglo-Boer War, the period 1902 to 1910, and then 1910 to 1920.

Much of the time was spent in the WC mode, and I had great difficulty in finding any evidence that my grandfather had stolen anything from the blacks, Google search gives me examples proving that no land was stolen, well documented ‘title deeds’ and sale agreements.

Then, sitting in the suburbs I switch to the BC mode, maybe the manner in which I ask Google to search, allows Google to bring me the documents that shake me, I find it hard to believe, I shed a tear, I continue to research.

I have links to many documents, but I do not know where to start, or how to present my findings, I always believed that I had taken the ‘road less traveled‘ a few years back, but as I look at the new fork in the road I'm on, I see the road to the left has no footprints, I think that any person who has traveled down ‘this road’, has not reached the intended destination.

For the first time ever, I am afraid to move in the direction that I believe I should take. The other road is definitely going to be the easier, definitely be the more profitable to all.

Then, a twitter follower send me a link, that prompts me to send him a direct message:

Hi R....., compliments. I have reached another split in the road, and afraid to take the one less travelled. My research confirms that my grandfather stole everything from my black brothers grandparents. For the first time I fear putting pen to paper.

His answer is powerful, and it encourages me to document my answer to the original question:

Hi Cedric, then that is a story you do not need to publish now. Maybe further research can get you the family names of those who lost.

You can then find a safe way to contact them. Via an intermediary.

"Redress" is something you and your children need to decide upon, no-one else.

You could leave a portion of your estate to the other families.

Once you have made peace with the black brothers affected by this, you can publish if you wish to, at that stage.

My Twitter friend forces me to continue researching. Now I need to reduce the amount of effort I am putting into the Anglo-Boer War, racial conflict between the Afrikaner and English. How did the 'bywoooner' develop, and where did the end. Where did the money come from that attached our countries mineral rights. How was South Africa's land attached?

I am not sure how to address this topic.

If I was a descendant of a black man, I would be spitting fire. If I talk to black youth about how my black persona feels today, they will all spit fire.

If I talk to my white friends, they will spit fire.

I need to balance my thinking, and find Revolution through Reconciliation.

Watch this forum as I try to talk to the problem, through BC & WC:

Cedric

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2014 12:24 PM by Cedric.)
01-22-2014 12:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply